· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
· A valid Texas Class C Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
· Applicant must pass a pre-employment investigation, drug screen administered by an appointed physician at the City’s expense.
· Possess or obtain a C wastewater and ground water licenses issued by TECQ within twelve months of hiring.
· Must have five(5) year experience with water/wastewater utilities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
· Heavy work. Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
· Must be capable of performing in confined space.
THE CONDITIONS THE WORKER WILL BE SUBJECT TO IN THIS POSITION:
· The work is performed primarily within outside environmental conditions;
· The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside with temperatures that may be below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
· The worker maybe subject to exposure of hazardous traffic conditions
· The worker is subject to noise. May have sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
· The worker is subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.